ASRT Authored Courses, Mammography
Breast Imaging Essentials | Module 1: Fundamentals of Breast Imaging
This module describes the radiographic principles essential to mammography, the purpose of regulations and licensing regarding the performance of mammography, and techniques that produce quality mammographic imaging with minimal radiation exposure. You will also learn about the development and purpose of digital mammography in addition to other breast imaging modalities.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Discuss radiographic principles and how they apply to mammographic imaging.
• List technical factors and techniques that produce quality mammographic images while keeping patient radiation exposure to a minimum.
• Explain the development and purpose of digital mammography.
• Explain the purpose of regulations and licensing regarding performance of mammography.
• List additional breast imaging modalities.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.