ASRT Authored Courses, Mammography
Breast Imaging Essentials | Module 2: Digital Equipment and Image Production
This module explains the basic functions and components of mammography equipment. The direct and indirect methods of digital image acquisition are discussed, along with the requirements for displaying the resulting images. You will also learn about methods for storing mammographic images, and the Mammography Quality Standards Act (MQSA) requirements for performance, operation, and qualifications.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Explain the basic function and components of mammographic equipment.
• Understand the unique characteristics of mammographic x-ray tube design.
• Distinguish between direct and indirect methods of digital image acquisition.
• Describe mammographic viewing systems and image display requirements.
• Describe digital information data management systems and communications standards.
• Identify methods used to store mammography images.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.