ASRT Authored Courses, Mammography
Breast Imaging Essentials | Module 3: Digital Image Evaluation
This module describes the technical variables that affect image quality and how to alleviate problems that could reduce the quality of a mammogram. You will learn how to evaluate mammograms for positioning, compression, and technique. Digital artifacts and digital image display systems also are discussed.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Identify the technical variables that affect a mammogram.
• List the factors that affect image quality.
• Evaluate mammograms for proper positioning, compression and technique.
• Describe the appearance of image artifacts, unsharpness and noise.
• Explain how to alleviate problems that affect production of a quality mammogram.
• Discuss types of digital image display systems.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.