ASRT Authored Courses, Mammography
Breast Imaging Essentials | Module 10: Digital Breast Tomosynthesis
This module explains the origin and theory behind tomosynthesis systems, how DBT images are acquired and displayed, and the benefits and challenges of the modality for both patients and staff. You will also learn about the training and certification requirements for digital breast tomosynthesis.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Describe the digital breast tomosynthesis system.
• Explain the origin and theory behind tomosynthesis exams.
• Visualize the acquisition and display of DBT images.
• Discuss the benefits and challenges of this modality for both patients and staff.
• Define the similarities and differences of digital breast tomosynthesis and standard imaging.
• Differentiate current FDA approved units and their features.
• Recall QC tests and radiation dose specific to DBT.
• Explain the storage, distribution, and compatibility of DBT images.
• Recognize the training and certification requirements for DBT.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.