ASRT Authored Courses, Mammography
Breast Imaging Essentials | Module 5: Pathology
This module explains imaging terminology for breast pathology, and how to recognize examples of breast disease in both men and women. You will learn how benign and malignant breast diseases and conditions appear on mammographic images, and the various treatment options for those diseases.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Define imaging terminology for breast pathology.
• Recognize examples of breast disease.
• Discuss systemic diseases and their mammographic appearances.
• Identify benign and malignant conditions and their mammographic appearances.
• Discuss male breast disease.
• Describe treatment options.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.