ASRT Authored Courses, Mammography
Breast Imaging Essentials | Module 9: Breast Ultrasound
This module explains basic principles of ultrasound physics, sonographic terminology relevant to breast imaging, and the role of ultrasound in characterizing breast pathology. The steps of the ultrasound examination and methods to recognize benign and malignant pathology also are discussed.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• Define the basic principles of ultrasound physics.
• Explain the physical principles of ultrasound production as they apply to breast imaging.
• Use sonographic terminology as it applies to breast imaging.
• Describe the role of ultrasound in characterizing breast pathology.
• List the steps of the ultrasound examination.
• Recognize benign and malignant breast pathology.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.