ASRT Authored Courses, Mammography
Breast Imaging Essentials | Module 8: Digital Procedures and Techniques
This module explains the requirements for image labeling, projections and positions used for mammography, and the criteria for evaluating digital mammograms. You will also learn localization techniques used in breast procedures, how to handle difficult patient situations, and the process for various interventional breast procedures.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
• List the requirements associated with image labeling.
• List the projections and positions used for mammographic imaging.
• Know the circumstances for using various mammographic positions.
• Distinguish between screening and diagnostic positions.
• Describe effective steps for handling special patient situations.
• Discuss criteria for evaluating digital mammograms.
• Understand localization techniques used in breast procedures.
• Describe various interventional breast procedures.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.