ASRT Authored Courses, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
MR Basics Module 1: Fundamentals
Audience: MR Technologists
Discover the history, evolution and advantages of magnetic resonance imaging in this interactive online learning module. Learn about the early pioneers in MR, find out how an image is acquired using MR and envision its future as you hear about how scientists and manufacturers continue to improve the technology.
MR Basics: Fundamentals is the first in a series of 10 interactive modules that include the topics found in the ASRT MR curriculum.
You can buy the complete MR Basics curriculum totaling 13 CE credits or purchase any of the 10 modules separately. After successful completion of all 10 modules, you will receive a recognition of achievement award from the ASRT.
Upon completion of this module, the participant will be able to:
• List the advantages of using magnetic resonance (MR) imaging.
• Discuss the history of MR Imaging
• Name the researchers and pioneers in MR imaging.
• Explain how an image is acquired using MR.
• Describe how MRI signal is produced and detected.
• Discuss the future of MR imaging.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.