ASRT Authored Courses, Magnetic Resonance Imaging
MR Basics Module 10: Body and Joint Imaging
Audience: MR Technologists
Learn what coils are available for specific applications in this interactive online learning module. This course helps you describe how to apply imaging parameters in the clinical setting and understand different types of pulse sequences.
MR Basics: Body and Joint Imaging is the tenth in a series of 10 interactive modules that include the topics found in the ASRT MR curriculum.
You can buy the complete MR Basics curriculum totaling 13 CE credits or purchase any of the 10 modules separately. After successful completion of all 10 modules, you will receive a recognition of achievement award from the ASRT.
Upon completion of this course, the participant will be able to:
• List the coils available for magnetic resonance (MR) imaging and their specific applications.
• Describe how to apply MR imaging parameters in the clinical setting.
• Differentiate between different types of pulse sequences.
• Recognize typical imaging options for optimizing image quality.
• Identify positioning criteria for different areas of the body.
• Know the common indications and common pathologies for the thorax, abdomen, soft-tissue pelvis, including the male and female reproductive systems, and the musculoskeletal system.
Author: Brian A. Sparland, R.T.(R)(MR)
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.