ASRT Authored Courses, Radiography
Essentials of Digital Imaging: Module 1 - Fundamentals
Audience: Radiologic Technologists
This module explores a key component of digital imaging systems — the digital imaging receptor. Learn why its characteristics and capabilities make it a digital imaging essential.
Essentials of Digital Imaging Module 1: Fundamentals is the first in a series of seven modules. This easy-to-follow educational program is designed for technologists who want to stay current in their career by discovering how technology has advanced medical imaging and learning the fundamental aspects of digital processing. After successful completion of all seven modules, participants will receive a recognition of achievement from the ASRT.
[CC.jpg] Closed captioning is available.
This activity may be available in multiple formats or from different sponsors. ARRT regulations state that an individual may not repeat a self-learning activity for credit if it was reported in the same or any subsequent biennium.
After completing this module, you will be able to:
* Identify the characteristics of digital imaging receptors.
* List the factors affecting digital receptor response to exposure.
* Describe the image capture process for digital image receptors.
* Define detective quantum efficiency (DQE) and its potential impact on patient dose.
* Describe the dynamic range and latitude of digital image receptors.
* List the factors that determine spatial resolution for digital image receptors.
* Name the sources of image blur.
* Recognize equipment associated with digital fluoroscopic imaging systems.
ASRT: American Society of Radiologic Technologists
About the author:
The mission of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists is to advance the medical imaging and radiation therapy profession and to enhance the quality of patient care.